Every day we are monitoring the COVID 19 situation and adapting our business to provide the best care we can for our residents and our staff.
COVID 19 Prevention Measures
Aboriginal Hostels Limited considers the health and safety of our residents and staff to be our number one priority.
Every day we are monitoring the COVID 19 situation and adapting our business to provide the best care we can for our residents and our staff. AHL is now accepting new residents at our hostels and we can assure our residents our hostels are safe and ready to support your accommodation needs.
The measures we have in place as at 8 July 2020 are:
- Bed availability reduced to ensure all rooms allow social distancing requirements to be met
- Social distancing markers on floors
- New residents requiring self-isolation not accepted
- Residents dining and socialising with social distancing measures
- Staff provided with Infection Control Training COVID19 training resources
- Additional cleaning procedures in place
- Reinforcement of good hygiene practices, food safety and social distancing measures including posters displayed in all hostels
- Hand sanitiser readily available at all hostels
- Isolation rooms prepared at each hostel in case of outbreak or suspected outbreak
- Strategies in place to manage small and large numbers of outbreak
- Local Aboriginal Health Services and Public Health Units engaged
- Protocols for Initial Public Health Unit Notification developed
- Staff and residents supported to get flu vaccinations
- National bulk recruitment round initiated to recruit more staff to support our residents
- Regular communications with staff, residents, parents and students including reinforcement of good hygiene practices
- IT Support and student entertainment enhanced at secondary education hostels to support students learning from hostel and recognising out of school activities have been cancelled
- Vulnerable staff identified and supported either within the workplace or through leave arrangements
- Staff and residents encouraged to download COVID19 tracing app
- AHL completing and submitting State/Territory COVID 19 Management Plans as required
- Only essential travel to remote communities
Additional measures for Melbourne William T Onus Hostel only (expected to last 6 weeks):
- No new residents except those attending essential medical services
- No visitors
- Stay at Home restrictions enforced – log book records of Resident Activity
AHL will continue to provide the highest level of care to our residents during this challenging time.
Log in to post comments